Amy Lee Anderson made her arrival on April 3, 2009 at 3:06pm. 8lbs 12oz and 22 1/4 in long! She's a pretty big girl! Our day started at the Dr's office at 9am where I was excited to learn that I was dilated to a 2! So I made an appt for 3pm that afternoon to see where we were at and looked forward to probably having her this weekend. So rather than sit around all day at home thinking every little ping could be labor, I decided to take Max Thrift store shopping. So there I was at the thrift store at 10am and my water broke! I waddled out to the sidewalk before it was really a mess :-( I managed to get Max in the car,and call Brian (who was working from home) and drive home before heading to the hospital. By the time I was home contraction were less that 5 minutes, and by the time we checked in they were less than 2 minutes! So I tried to go natural... after about 2 hours I had some Stadol to take the edge off, by 2:15pm I didn't think I could keep going and I was only a 4, so I screamed for the anesthesiologist, and there was no break between contractions. They got everything set up for the epidural, poked, prodded and taped it with still no relief when I needed to push! So they called for my Dr and told me to hang on...yeah right try not pushing! Thinking the epidural was at least going to kick in for the fun part, I kept yelling at the nurses that I could feel everything. Dr. came down two pushed later (still no epidural :-) Amy Lee entered the world! So I guess I get bragging rights that it was technically natural! She is a happy girl with very chunky thighs and long toes! Everything is going well, and Max is so excited to be a big brother. We are happy to be home and settling into our new routine!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






12 comments:
Yahoo! Congratulations!
Congratulations!! It was fun to read the whole story, and isn't it empowering to say you did it all by yourself (without meds that is)?! Way to go!!!
Awww...she's gorgeous!! Congratulations :) She's nearly the same size as Mateo was... he was 8lbs13oz and 21 inches long. She's longer! He hasn't slowed down...always been in the 90+ percentile. Your labor story had me cracking up...water breaks in the thrift store...lol. Congrats on natural labor too! She was clearly anxious to get here quickly. She's so precious.
Yay! Congrats! She is beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures!
congratulations on your beautiful new addition!
Congratulations! She is adorable. I can't wait to see her in person! And don't worry-I think that definitely counts as having her natural. You go girl! Maybe I could do it natural if it is a circumstance like that. :)
Let us know what we can do to help you transition in this new stage of life!
Congrats. If you can do it maybe the next time I can go natural too. We'll see..I hated having all those tubes sticking out of me. Amy is beautiful. I can't believe how big she is! That is crazy, she is already bigger than my month old niece.
Congratulations! What a beautiful and healthy baby! You guys must be so proud and happy. Good work!
That last comment was from me, Cara :)
So sweet! I can't wait to see her. Congratulations!!!
So cute!! Congrats!! What a fun story too....well, i'm sure not as fun for you at the time. :)!
Congratulations!!!! She is so beautiful!!!
Post a Comment