Being Pregnant you sometimes get these wild thoughts in your head. So when we found out we were having a girl I thought that it would be a great idea to give our crib a face lift. It was white and I thought it would look cute brown and pink. Well I should have stopped with that thought, but instead I waited and finally decided to do something about it when I am 8 months pregnant!
So I sanded the crib, not as easy as I imagined in my head. And yes I was safe, hence the great gangster look here!
After sanding, I was able to start taping it all off (again, forgot how painstakingly tedious this is). And then finally got to the painting part (excuse the great painting clothes chosen here!)
But in the end I must admit that I am happy with the results. So with just over 20 days to go, we finally have a crib and cleaned up the nursery. It is very girly, but I love it! A special thanks to my patient husband through this process (he even sanded a little) and my big helper Max who helped tidy the nursery and took some good naps so I could be productive!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
We Have a Nursery
Posted by Alyssa at 2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Beautiful!! I am very impressed with it all, I have thought about that too, but never had the energy...you go girl! By the way, do you need a nursing cover? Let me know if you do!
Wow it looks great! I remember painting Arley's crib a few weeks before he was born. It was such a pain, it takes forever to go over every little rail. Sadly it will need to be repainted for the next use.
That turned out so pretty! I always want to do something productive near the end of my pregnancy. With Gavin I painted our entire living room & dining room, plus up the staircase (too bad we no longer live in that house and we're back to plain white walls). Probably not the healthiest thing to do, but I promise I opened some windows. :-) This time I'm trying to talk Nate into letting my paint our kitchen cabinets (he doesn't think our property management company will allow it though... we'll see.).
I love the pregnant anarchist fashion.
We feel your pain. I thought it would be nice to take our white crib down to natural wood for Mateo. I'm sure you can appreciate how hard it would be to get off every single spot of white, eh? I love the pink and brown! Totally worth your hard efforts. It turned out so nice!
Post a Comment