Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Florida Vacation Day 1

Florida Vacation Day 1:

The night before I got everything packed. Due to bagage fees we wanted to only check in one bag. We borrowed a huge fancy suitcase and started packing. I fit everything in and as I lifted it up I remembered there was a weight limit, so we weighed it and it came to 79lbs which jumped the fee from $25 to $190. So I had to pull everything our switch to our little suitcase, leave my cute wedge heels behind along with about 1/3 of our clothes (we knew there was a washer in our unit) and in the end it came to 40 lbs :) Success...we were off to a good start!!!!
We Flew out On Mothers Day. Here, Max got to meet the pilots and see all of the cool buttons!
Mickey had to get strapped in too!
Max has been on a plane one other time when he was almost two and this was Amy's first time. They were both SO excited and loved looking out the window.

Max and Amy both did end up sleeping on the plane, making the flight go very smooth, Although when they were awake, they were both VERY good!
Ready to go! The flight was great. It was a little difficult to get the stroller, two car seats, two kids, and out luggage through the airport and getting to our rental car. Then, when got to the car rental kiosk there was NO ONE there to help. It was midnight (FL time) and we had been traveling all day. Needless to say I was not very patient. I went storming over to another agency and ended up the a three car upgrade ;) Our Nissan Murano has been wonderful and we made it safe and sound to our hotel. Kids were asleep by 2am and up at 9am...7 hours seems to eb enough for them!

0 comments: